LASIG is the Learner Autonomy Special Interest Group of the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL). We promote the development of learner autonomy by exploring how to put learners in charge of their own learning.
- 2020 online symposium: Supporting teacher and learner agency. December 12, 9am-12pm UK time.
- Workshop with Leni Dam: March 27, 9am UK time (online). This interactive workshop, Language learner autonomy and inclusion at the secondary level, will focus on inclusion in the autonomous classroom, taking into consideration the limitations caused by the corona virus.
- Self-Directed Learning and Advising in Language Education: April 24 (online). This event, in cooperation with Ankara Yıldırım Beyazıt University School of Foreign Languages, will focus on how to support learners in being able to manage their own learning in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- IATEFL annual conference 2021 Pre-Conference Event: June 2021 in Harrogate. We’re looking forward to the 2021 PCE and hope you can join us.
- ILA-LASIG 2021: Developing Learner Autonomy in Language Learning: June 28-30 (online). This conference will allow academics and practitioners interested in autonomous language learning an environment for a fruitful exchange of ideas and best practices.